What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are one of the most effective way of replacing teeth. If you need to replace one or more broken or missing teeth and would prefer a more permanent alternative to bridges or dentures, a discussion regarding your suitability for implants may be helpful for you.
In addition to restoring your teeth and providing you with a healthy, natural-looking smile, dental tooth implants also have several health benefits:
- They come in the form of titanium screws that provide the artificial root of your teeth. The screws are biocompatible with your jawbone, which means that not only will your body not reject them, but they will also stabilise and stimulate the bone, keeping it healthy and preventing further bone loss which can be a problem if gaps are left where teeth ought to be.
- The procedure for inserting dental implants is relatively short and simple for a dental treatment, as well as painless thanks to anaesthetic, which means it can all be performed during a single visit and your new teeth can be ready to use shortly.
- Dental Implants are not invasive and will not affect adjacent teeth the way dental bridges can. They will feel at home in your mouth as if they were your own natural teeth.
- Dental implants are secured into the bone, making the crown or bridge attached to them very stable, reducing any feeling of artificial tooth replacement.
- Dental implants can be used to secure dentures removing the possibility of the negative side-effects associated with dentures, such as gum inflammation, impaired speaking or chewing or the general embarrassment some patients feel when wearing them.
As long as you care for your new teeth and maintain a good dental hygiene routine every day, dental implants will prove to be a long-lasting replacement for lost or damaged teeth.
What is the best solution for me?
Every patient is different, and so it is essential that you consult your dentist for advice before proceeding with treatment. Our dentists will be happy to advise you accordingly and help you find the replacement you need.